System 10 General Description & Features
System 10 is a dependable, HIGH-PERFORMANCE SOLUTION for real-time measurement and control by combining an extensive custom hardware platform with sophisticated software tools, System 10 lets you build a data acquisition system tailored to your specific application requirements, a system that is both economical and eminently field-proven.
PC-based data acquisition systems are adequate for some situations, but in the most demanding applications—requiring the fastest, most accurate acquisition and processing of mixed real-world data signals—System 10 is the high-performance solution of choice.
The versatile System 10 platform accommodates a wide range of configurations, from small benchtop dataloggers to factory-wide local area networks that can handle thousands of data points, while monitoring and controlling multiple complex tests or processes simultaneously. Integrating in a single system all aspects of data collection, display, archiving, communications, and processing, System 10 can operate independently or under the supervision of a host computer or PLC.
As an intelligent stand-alone front end, System 10 supplies the host device with finished engineering-unit answers—not just "raw" samples—either automatically or on request. Its dynamic database unburdens the PC of all routine data acquisition tasks, while making 100% of acquired data available on a truly real-time basis. For systems with over 50 measurement inputs or with complex internal calculations, thru put of finished-answer data is typically faster than the comparable PC-based system—and this includes continuous per-channel limit monitoring—with no display update delay.
System 10 provides multichannel data displays on multiple, individually selectable small- or large-scale "pages" that are instantly formattable by the operator in the field, even while the measured test or process is running. Video options include high-speed bargraphing.
The system is ideal for use as a distributed tasking network. Remote stand-alone units for local data collection, display, processing, and control can be placed close to process sensors, thereby greatly reducing costly and troublesome cable connections.
System 10 can be:
- a simple datalogger
- an industrial workstation
- a programmable safety monitor
- a factory-wide distributed network
- an independent node within an extended LAN
- a stand-alone database for archiving and retrieval of historical data
- a high-speed front end for your favorite I/O server or device driver software for graphical user interfacing; data processing, reporting, backup, and storage; ethernet and/or modem communications; and much more . . .
. . . with applications in every area of industry and research including (to name just a few):
- Engine Dynamometry
- Jet Engine Testing
- Transmission and Brake Testing
- Statistical Process Control
- PID Closed Loop Control
- Contour Inspection
- Chemical Batch Weighing
- Load Monitoring
- Vibration Monitoring
- Leak Detection
- Energy Management
- Oven Temperature Profile
- Total Indicated Runout
- Gaging and Sorting of Parts
- Vehicle Performance Testing
- Flow Measurement
- Materials Durability Testing
- Production "Trending" and “Thumbprinting"
- Milling Machine Control
- Pump Efficiency
- Tank Level
- Web Tension
- Airborne Data Acquisition
- Center of Gravity
- Electrical Power
- Aircraft Component Testing
- Fastener Torque Monitoring