Daytronic's StartPac-100 is a versatile DOS based menu-driven software package, designed primarily to provide easy configuration and monitoring of a data-collection network of up to 99 Daytronic instrument "nodes" (3500 Series and 4000 Series with "N" Option). StartPAC 100 can also be used in a "single-node" environment when only a single 3500 or 4000 instrument communicates with a PC. In addition to its network setup and configuration "cloning" functions, StartPAC 100 offers a number of other valuable utilities.
Network Setup and Management
Once each node instrument has been individually set up and all required network interconnections are in place, the software lets you
- set communications protocol values
- assign an instrument "name" to each node, either "manually" or "automatically"
- verify the network configuration by comparing node instrument assignments to actual attached nodes
- print the network configuration
- upload the setup configuration of the currently "open" node to a disk file—a "CLONING" function
- download a setup configuration stored in disk file to the currently "open" node (if it is of the appropriate type)—another "CLONING" function
- transmit to printer, screen, or disk file the setup configuration of the currently "open" node
"Dumb" Terminal Emulation
StartPAC 100 can emulate a simple ASCII "command and response" terminal, from which the operator may issue any valid command to any specific network node (commands used to initiate standard data transmissions are exceptions—see the summaries of 3500 Series mnemonic commands and 4000 Series mnemonic commands).
Data Display and Logging
The software can display up to 100 data channels on user-formatted display pages (the actual number of display pages you can have is limited only by your available hard-disk memory). Displayed channels may be "mixed" from different network nodes. If desired, the software can be instructed to scan only one channel, at a rate that is "as fast as possible."
Datalogging can also be initiated via StartPAC 100, and can take place automatically at a sampling rate specified by the user (from "as fast as possible" to up to 24 hours).
4K/SPC Setup and Operation
The StartPAC 100 package also contains programs for configuring and operating any Model "4K/SPC" Statistical Process Control Instrument (including any specially-modified dual-channel version). This includes display of SPC data and the exporting of SPC data to a destination file that conforms to a specific third-party SPC software package.