The Model IL70A In-Line unit is a low cost, general-purpose single-channel conditioner for input of pressure, force, torque, weight, and other variables measured by conventional DC-excited strain gage transducers.
The IL70A delivers filtered, analog output of ±5, ±10 VDC or 4-20 ma; switch selectable by the user. Advanced analog design directly addresses the problem of measurement inaccuracy in industrial environments of high electromechanical noise. Exceptional signal stability and accuracy over a remarkably wide range of sensor inputs are achieved through:
• sensed excitation
• chopper-stabilized low-drift amplification
• selectable low-pass active filtering
• “shunt” switch-based calibration
• wide range Zero & Span adjustments for 0.5 mV/V to 10.0 mV/V sensors
THE IL70A IN-LINE CONDITIONER IS A LOW COST UNIT FOR DC BASED - FULL BRIDGE STRAIN - GAGES FROM 0.5 to 10 mV/V
For steady indication and smooth, dependable control action, the IL70A can provide a true average value of the measured variable, even in the face of substantial dynamic content. Housed in a durable - flame retardant enclosure, the IL70A is ideal for industrial process applications. The analog output and gain settings are easily configured through the use of a simple coarse rotary switch and precision range potentiometers which results in a highly repeatable, stable and accurate measurement. Powerful low-pass active filtering, selectable by the user, the IL70A low pass filter removes unwanted high-frequency measurement signal components and the elimination of aliasing errors, if the module’s output is subsequently digitized.
• Selectable excitation of 2.5 or 5.0 VDC bridge voltage which is referenced to an extremely stable voltage source with sense lines.
• Rugged construction which allows forward placement of the IL70A conditioner to avoid measurement errors associated with long cable lengths.
• Wide Zero & Span, through the use of coarse rotary switch & potentiometers, the IL70A will accommodate 100% zero authority and a wide range of full bridge DC strain gage sensors, foil or semiconductor type with bridge resistance from 120 to 10K Ohm.
• Wide Input Power range from 11 to 28 VDC, the IL70A is well suited for industrial, process and mobile environments • Internal 59K Ohm shunt provided. Jumper selectable for external - user provided or transducer installed shunt