THE 5M70 DIN CONDITIONER IS A LOW COST UNIT FOR DC BASED - FULL BRIDGE STRAIN-GAGES FROM 0.5 TO 10 mV/V and delivers a filtered analog output of ±5 Vdc, ±10 Vdc or 4-20 mA; switch selectable by the user. Advanced analog design directly addresses the problem of measurement inaccuracy in industrial environments of high electromechanical noise. Exceptional signal stability and accuracy over a remarkably wide range of sensor inputs are achieved through:
- remotely sensed excitation, user-selectable
- chopper-stabilized low-drift amplification
- configurable low-pass active filtering
- “shunt” switch-based calibration
- wide range Zero & Span adjustments
For steady indication and smooth, dependable control action, the 5M70 can provide a true average value of the measured variable, even in the face of substantial dynamic content. Housed in a durable-flame retardant enclosure, the 5M70 is ideal for industrial-process applications. The analog output and gain settings are easily configured through the use of a simple coarse rotary switch and precision range potentiometer which results in a highly repeatable, stable and accurate measurement.
- Powerful low-pass active filtering, selectable by the user, the 5M70 low pass filter removes unwanted high-frequency measurement-signal components and the elimination of aliasing errors, if the module’s output is subsequently digitized.
- Selectable excitation of 2.5 or 5.0 Vdc bridge voltage which is slaved to an extremely stable reference voltage.
- DIN mount construction which allows the user easy access to the screw terminal connections for power, analog output, shunt and sensor signals.
- Wide Zero & Span, through the use of rotary switches & potentiometers, the 5M70 will accommodate 100% zero authority and a wide range of full bridge DC strain gage sensors, foil or semiconductor type with bridge resistance from 120 to 10 k Ohm.
- Wide Input Power range from 11 to 28 Vdc, the 5M70 is well suited for industrial, process and mobile environments