The 5M68 delivers filtered analog output of ±5 VDC, ±10 VDC or 4-20 ma, user selectable. The AC input may be either differential (floating) or grounded (single-ended). Exceptional signal stability and accuracy over an unusually wide range of voltage input levels configurations are achieved through:
- high input signal band-width for RMS processing
- chopper-stabilized low-drift amplification
- selectable low-pass active filtering
- front panel setup configuration & calibration
- wide input range from 50 mv to 200 VAC FS
FOR STEADY INDICATION AND SMOOTH, DEPENDABLE CONTROL ACTION, THE 5M68 CAN PROVIDE A TRUE RMS ANALOG VALUE EVEN WITH HIGH CREST FACTORS.
A high level, noise-free analog output is provided. For the 5M68 , the output amplitude is switch selectable from ±5 VDC, ±10 VDC or or 4-20 ma giving the unit the features necessary for a wide range of applications with a simple setup operation. Other features include:
- High input impedance on all ranges to eliminate cable resistance as a source of error (allowable cable length has virtually no practical limits)
- High noise rejection, eliminating errors from common-mode pickup and ground loops.
- Powerful low-pass active filtering, Front panel selectable filter cutoffs at 10 Hz, 20 Hz or 50 Hz remove the ripple inherent in RMS conversion while eliminating aliasing errors, if the module’s output is subsequently sampled.