The 5M64 delivers filtered analog output of ±5 VDC, ±10 VDC or 4-20 ma, user selectable. The DC input may be either differential (floating) or grounded (single-ended). Exceptional signal stability and accuracy over an unusually wide range of voltage input levels and grounding configurations are achieved through:
- precisely regulated excitation
- chopper-stabilized low-drift amplification
- selectable low-pass active filtering
- front panel setup configuration & calibration
- wide input range from 50 mv to 50 Vdc FS & 4-20ma
DIFFERENTIAL INPUTS AND GENEROUS COMMON-MODE RANGE ELIMINATE GROUND-COUPLING ERRORS NORMALLY ASSOCIATED WITH OFF-GROUND SIGNAL SOURCES
A very stable excitation of ±5 VDC is provided for DC-to-DC LVDT’s, potentiometer-type sensors, and other transducers that may require it. With an externally powered transducer, input isolation yields an operating common-mode range of up to 50 V (when using the regulated excitation provided by the 5M64 module, see the table on the other side).
For steady indication and smooth, dependable control action, the 5M64 can provide a true average value of the measured variable, even in the face of substantial dynamic content.
A high level, noise-free analog output is provided. For the 5M64 , the output amplitude is switch selectable from ±5 VDC, ±10 VDC or 4-20 ma giving the unit the features necessary for a wide range of applications with a simple setup operation. Other features include:
- Powerful low-pass active filtering, Front panel selectable filter cutoffs at 10 Hz, 100 Hz or 1 KHz remove unwanted high frequency measurement components and the elimination of aliasing errors, if the module’s output is subsequently sampled
- High input impedance on all ranges to eliminate cable resistance as a source of error (allowable cable length has virtually no practical limits)
- High noise rejection, eliminating errors from common-mode pickup and ground loops.
- Internal stable shunt for 4-20 ma inputs for re-transmission, re-scaling or conditioning of low current inputs.